This will be a short post, since holiday hell is about to erupt.
Here are the top 10 things I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving Eve:
1. My health and the health of my family.
2. My wife and soulmate, without whom I would be lost, totally and completely.
3. My friends.
4. The fact that I seem to have a cockeyed optimism woven into the very fabric of my DNA that tells me I can suceed at anything if I try hard enough.
5. My cigars. Couldn't live without them!
6. Starbucks coffee. See above.
7. That I was finally able to complete my novel. And start my second!
8. That luck and being in the right place at the right time helped me land my freelance editor, who is working with me on the aforementioned novel.
9. My faith in God, even during the worst of times.
10. Every bad, terrible, rotten thing that has ever happened to me, for without them, I wouldn't be the man I am today.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Now eat up.