Monday, October 21, 2013

Finally, some good news

I'm proud and humbled to announce that I have signed with literary agent Laney Katz Becker from Lippincott, Massie, McQuilkin Inc. in New York City.

Laney is one of the most-sought agents in the world, and is known throughout the publishing industry for discovering debut authors and propelling them to best-seller status. She has been my "dream agent" for a long, long time. It's truly an honor to now have her guiding my new career.

I know I've been ignoring my blog the past year or so, but I've spent that time polishing and revising my manuscript, The Final Victim. I got really tired of coming on here and whining, when I really should have been rolling up my sleeves and working toward my goal.

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped me with beta reading and general support during the last couple of years. I have some minor clean-up work to do on the book in the next week and then Laney will begin preparations to pitch the book to publishing houses.

This is one of the best days of my life, and I am celebrating with a good cigar and some tunes on Spotify. GOOD AND LOUD. And then it's back to work ...

12 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!!

    Congrats, Terry! That's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Josin! I'm right behind you (I hope). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    Terry, I'm so thrilled for you I can barely type! Such wonderful news ... I can only imagine just how thrilled you are!

    So, that's what happens when one keeps beating that drum ... someone (in your case, your dream agent) hears you!

    Very VERY happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm late to the party as always, but I'm very happy for you. This is way cool stuff. I know the publishing industry is snail-paced, but is the book out yet? I'd love to read it if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your blog very muchDigital MarketingBy the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website Development

    ReplyDelete
  6. Play Bazaar boost up blog bhot hi mazedar hai gfand faad hain bilkul mazav aagay padh h bhot jankariya milti hai ye padh ke Satta King

    ReplyDelete

  7. Don't fear failing. Failing is something that many great leaders Ganga Music have done, and it has only spurred them on to greater victories. If you fear failure, you may be afraid to act boldly, which is the only way for a leader to act. If you fail at something, use it to help you change directions.Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot!
    Sattaking

    ReplyDelete
  9. If your creditors are applying high-interest rates to your accounts, play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete