Monday, August 2, 2010

Home at last


Actually, we got home about 3 a.m. Saturday after I decided to drive straight through from Williamsburg, Va. Yes, that's right. Seventeen hours. A new personal best.

Needless to say, we were exhausted for most of the weekend. Today, I drove another six hours to take Brennan to his grandparents' in suburban Chicago for a week of "Camp Gramp."

Nothing much to say, other than I'm glad to be home. We had a great vacation, but I'm looking forward to getting back to writing on a daily basis. This week, I'm back to querying and blogging and planning the new novel. It'll be nice to get back to work after almost three months off.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the final few days of summer. We shall talk again soon.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. You'll have to tell us all about it when you're feeling up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacations are wonderful and exhausting!! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving is exhausting work... welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a "Camp Gramp", it sounds like fun!!

    I'm sooo late on mentioning this, but I heard that Strassburg got pulled from his last couple starts. Mainly the one you guys were planning to go see. Man, you just didn't have ANY luck with your mid east coast baseball, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.

    Trace: Yes. The entire Nationals stadium watched Strasburg warm up and then ... he disappeared! When they announced the new starting pitcher, the entire place erupted in boos. Damn it. :)

    ReplyDelete