Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm alive!


I was offline almost the entire holiday weekend. We were busy with graduation parties and family get-togethers and road trips and all the other stuff that families do on long holiday weekends.

And I am pooped.

I started the new novel over the weekend, and by today I had already run out of gas. I'm 1,700 words in, and I'm clueless as to where to go next (even though I have, like, this huge outline). In other words, I'm writing again! Whoo-hoo.

I know I announced a couple of weeks ago that I was scaling back my blogging -- and I have -- but today I want to announce just the opposite. I have missed blogging every day, so I hereby promise to blog most every day except Saturday. Even if it' something short and sweet.

Like this one.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend. And YAY for writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally wrote chapter 10 over the weekend, the chapter I'd been procrastinating writing for weeks. Good to hear you were productive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go You! How are the Cubbies doing? I haven't even looked at the stats for the Sox. I'm afraid.

    I thought you were writing The Kite and loving it? Where'd this new one come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a break. Get some coffee. And start writing again. It usually works for me. Or pulling weeds. For some reason when I start pulling weeds I get the urge to write. Isn't that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was starting to worry. Seriously. I said I was going to check here and my e-mail one more time and if I hadn't seen you I was sending an e-mail. I'm glad to see you had a long, exhausting, fun-filled weekend. I wasn't on-line from Friday until today myself. But I was checking e-mails.

    Anyway, I understand the stuck. This is what keeps happening to me, which is why I decided to just start submitting the chapters I have at RITM for critique and I hope as I'm doing that something will come to me. I'm on my way over there now. Glad to see your alive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was offline all weekend too. I had a lot going on over here as well.

    Im glad your writing again. But, don't try to force it. For me sometimes stories take on a life of their own, I can't tell you how many times I've started with an outline and gone WAY off course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.Play bazaaris very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs

    ReplyDelete