Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family movie night!


Well, we finally made out choice for this week's Family Movie, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

That's right. The Breakfast Club.

Molly.

We rented it last week, too, but ended up watching Moon. And it was pretty good, too, albeit a little weird. Even The Wife liked it. But we got busy and never got around to Molly & Co., so we re-rented it, along with Beyond A Reasonable Doubt (a Michael Douglas flick). We'll try to fit it in sometime this weekend -- although tomorrow is booked solid with NFL playoffs.

Thinking ahead to next Friday (remember we postponed this a night to watch the Haiti telethon, which was pretty cool), we are already talking about renting Broadcast News, a favorite of mine.

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back for my usual Sunday Musings tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Broadcast News is great, especially the scene where Albert Brooks starts sweating. Maybe you could add Lost in America and have a double feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge 80's fan, but I've never seen Broadcast News. Will I be shunned? I'll rent it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina,
    Albert Brooks, William Hurt and Holly Hunter. Good stuff. Although it's a journalism movie, which always appeals to me, it's also a great movie. Well worth a rental.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch movies very often. But my wife, Valerie, rented one just for me, I think. I gotta say, you need to watch "Taking Chance," which has been winning some awards this year.

    ReplyDelete