Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympics and a new computer


I bought a new laptop computer this afternoon. It's an ice-blue Dell Inspiron and I love it already. I have a fairly new desktop computer (it's a Compaq, but it works), but my five-year-old Gateway laptop is dying a slow and agonizing death.

So I gave the Gateway to the 12-year-old and treated myself to a new one. Yippee.

The new Dell has a long-life battery, which means I can move my wip back and forth between the desktop and the laptop and work outside on the deck or at the local coffee shop. I'm not too sure how well that will work, since I've never written in public (unless you count a hectic newsroom!). But I'm willing to give it a shot. It's time to shake things up a bit.

Also, I know this is Friday and that's usually Family Movie Night in the Towery home, but tonight the Wife and I decided to forgo the movie and watch the Olympics opening ceremony. We are both suckers for the winter Olympics, although we neither one care much for the summer games. Go figure.

So we'll hang on to The Hangover and watch it tomorrow night, maybe. I have to cover a college basketball game for the Associated Press (one of my freelance side gigs), so we'll see if we have time.

Hope you all have a great weekend. We'll talk again on Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. My battery lasts all of 20 minutes these days... It's all dried up and worthless now because I always have my computer plugged in and never drain the battery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen The Hangover yet. Or 40-year-old Virgin. I know. I'm dreadfully behind the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hangover was a delightful comedy. I watched it in fact on my Dell! I found I love renting movies from Amazon and watching them on my lap. Hope you enjoy your computer and the Hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following, Linda! I am loving the lap to death, but unfortunately the movie is still lying on the counter, unwatched. We've been too busy.

    Perhaps tonight ...

    ReplyDelete